The International Conference Ethics of Socially Disruptive Technologies (ESDIT2022) will be held on 6&7 October in the Netherlands.
CORPUS Congress Centre
Willem Einthovenstraat 1
2342 BH Oegstgeest (near) Leiden – the Netherlands
HOW TO REACH THE VENUE?
A. Getting to the Netherlands
There are two airports near Leiden:
Leiden has several train stations, with Leiden Central Station (Leiden Centraal) being the closest to the conference venue. The Dutch train network is connected to the Belgian, French and German networks. From London you can reach Leiden via a connection with the Eurostar. For more information, please visit the Dutch international railway website.
B. Getting to Leiden
Information about the train and bus schedules is available on the following websites:
- Dutch National Railways (NS:) You can plan your journey on the NS website or via their mobile app (NS Reisplanner Xtra) which is available in English.
- 9292ov, all public transportation combined: You can plan your full journey (train, bus, metro, etc.) via the website 9292.nl or use their mobile app which is also available in English.
A few years ago, public transportation companies have introduced the “ov-chipcard”. This is a card introduced to pay for rides on all forms of public transportation. To pay for your journeys, you have to load money on the card, and then check in and out before and after each journey. More information can be found via some information about the different types of cards, and the specific information for tourists.
From the airports
- Schiphol: There is a direct train from Schiphol to Leiden Centraal, this takes 15-20 minutes.
- Rotterdam – The Hague Airport: There are two options to travel from the airport to Leiden. The first is probably the easiest, but, depending on the departure time, the second option might be quicker. You can compare the routes via the 9292 website/app.
- Take bus 33 to Rotterdam Central Station (Rotterdam Centraal), and travel further by train to Leiden Central Station (Leiden Centraal). Take bus 33 to metro station Meijersplein and from there take the metro to the train station Den Haag Laan van NOI. From this station you can travel further to Leiden Central Station (Leiden Centraal) by train.
C. Getting to the CORPUS (conference venue) with Public Transportation
You can also plan your journey via the 9292.nl website.
From Leiden Central Station
- Bus 90, get off at the CORPUS stop
- Bus 9, get off at the stop Wassenaarseweg/CORPUS
- Bus 38, get off at the stop Wassenaarseweg/CORPUS
Maybe you would like to get the full Dutch experience, and rent a bike to get around Leiden? There are many places to rent a bike:
The Organizing Committee has prepared a list of recommended conference accommodation, just for you! Check the hotel suggestions below and book your conference accommodation well in advance to secure the best available rates.
When booking a room, please bear in mind the venue location: CORPUS, Willem Einthovenstraat 1, 2342 BH Oegstgeest – near Leiden, the Netherlands.
- Hilton Garden Inn Leiden. To book link.
- Golden Tulip & Tulip Inn
- Ibis Leiden Centre
- Fletcher Hotels
- Hotel Van der Valk Leiden
- Hotel Van der Valk Sassenheim
You can also look a place to stay via: